Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 80 (7/11/11) Email to family

Hey guys!
     I'm still getting used to my new area. I feel like I know it pretty well but its huge! Its like a hundred blocks long. It reminds me a lot of DuQuoin in some ways. Its like a really long road with neighborhoods scattered along the way. There is a lot of field. Lots of little farmy places and dirt roads. Its really spread out so we have bikes and the bikes are PORQUERÍA! That means they are pieces of crap. My chain falls off like 4,862 times a day and we each got a flat tire and Bushman had to buy a new back tire. The first day was the worst on the bikes because my seat was super low and I felt like I was riding a little kids bike. Its hard riding a bike when your knees don't even get to 90 degrees. I really like it here though. The members are good, but we don't have very many investigators that would be close to baptism. Lots of eternal investigators that need to get married to their partners to get baptized. Legal paperwork is a pain here. It takes a long time. Speaking of which, I had to go to capital today to get some paperwork done and the subway system was so packed. The people were shoulder to shoulder crammed underground and some lady was yelling complaining about the governor. It was pretty awesome... Ask Sam's tennis coach about the eternal-investigators-that-needs-to-get-baptized situation here. I bet we still got a couple of them. Ask him if he remembers María Rosa, the lady with two daughters-one that's in a wheel chair-that lives just a few blocks from the chapel. Or Paola and Victor. Anyway after we got back from capital we ate some pizza and played some risk for a couple turns then took a picture to continue another day. Next P-Day will be better because I will get the whole P-Day. This was the third P-Day in a row that I didn't get the whole 8 hours. I want some pictures of the Subway trip! Who did you guys go with? Less than a year and I will be there!!! I love you guys lots. Thanks for everything.
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment