Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 76 (6/13/11) Email to Family

Hey guys!
     I hope your visit is going well. I wish I could come spend a day with you guys in Illinois. 6 more months. There is a rumor that they may send us home a week early to avoid the Christmas travellers so maybe you could say less than 6 months to go. Start of the 4th quarter. So Elder Spencer is my district leader right now-Elder Spencer is who I was with between Elders Gonzales and Bryce in El Jagüel. That was a fun transfer. Anyway so we did an intercambio this week, I went to his area for a day. It was really good. It was also good for Elder Sypherd to run the show in La Florida. He is really quiet so it was good for him to stretch himself. Some crazy stuff happened in our area this week. There were three different cases of motorcycle theft all three ending in death by a gunshot to the head. They think its the same guys each time but they can't catch them. Elder Sypherd and I decided we'd better leave our motorcycles in the garage this week. I'm not worried about anything happening to us, we've just got our feet to get us around and God is watching over us. It really is a blessing to know why we're here on earth and to know that God has a plan for us. To know that this life isn't all there is. Though it is important that we live according to the will of God and are prepared spiritually because we never know how much long we have in this life. Yesterday was a special Stake Conference broadcast to all of Argentina. Two of the apostles spoke - Neil Andersen and Boyd Packer. Rosemary Wixom and Claudio Zivic spoke as well. I loved Zivic's talk. He talked about being prepared-either for the second coming of the Christ or for when our life here on earth ends. He commented about how in the Book of Mormon in the corner of the pages it says what year it was-how many years were left til Jesus would come. 50 years, 30 years, 10, 5, 1. The people then didn't know how many years away they were. But they needed to be ready. He compared that to now. What year are we in now in regards to the second coming of our Redeemer? 50 years? 10 years? 5? 1? Are we ready? Or how far away are we til the end of our earthly existence? 50? 10? 1? 1 month? 1 week? 1 day? Are we ready spiritually? It was really interesting and made me think. I love reading the Book of Mormon. It really testifies of Jesus Christ and helps us to prepare for his return. It is an important book and I know it's true.
     Anyway that's all the time I have for this week. I love you guys lots and I hope your time together has been good. I miss you and love you all and look forward to seeing you all again! Say hello to Rebekah, Grant, Will, and Mark for me!
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment